The curriculum of BURP were designed to correspond between the intended graduate profile and its outcome (PEOs and PLOs), the current issues, trends, and the user’s need. The approach for designing the 2021 Curriculum follows the Outcomes-Based Curriculum (OBC) strategy currently employed by the university system-wide at Universitas Gadjah Mada. Consequently, the current curriculum of the BURP degree program now employs Program Educational Objectives (PEO), Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs), and Course Learning Outcomes (CLO).
Programme Educational Objectives
The curriculum aims to produce graduates of the Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning who are humanist, has high moral integrity, sensitivity to social issues and noble values, and able to work as a planner who are supported by research capabilities at Government Institutions, Non Government Institutions, and Private Institutions in the field of consulting and space development
Bachelor Program in Urban and Regional Planning also has 10 intended Program Learning Outcomes (PLO), which are:
- PLO 1 : Create/prepare spatial planning and development plans
- PLO 2 : Provide consultancy, facilitation, and/or have a role as spatial development planner for cities and regions
- PLO 3 : Use and develop planning tools and planning support tools in accordance with their functions
- PLO 4 : Mastering theories, principles, and concepts of urban and regional planning
- PLO 5 : Apply methods and techniques of urban and regional planning
- PLO 6 : Develop innovative, effective, and efficient planning ideas
- PLO 7 : Prepare spatial and development planning decisions based on individual and/or interdiciplinary teams based on scientific methods
- PLO 8 : Mastering research methods and techniques
- PLO 9 : Apply research methods and techniques in urban and regional planning development
- PLO 10 : Communicate and be professionally responsible for the process and accomplishment of work in the planning field.
The curriculum of the undergraduate program of Urban and Regional Planning is a curriculum with 144 credits/SKS. This credits divided into 8 semesters with a period of 4 years. Each student has around 56 courses consist of 49 compulsory courses (130 credits), and 7 elective courses (14 credits) which can be selected from 34 elective courses offered.
List of courses, course description, and the CLO & PLO can be seen here.
Student will be directed to develop scientific specialties in accordance with their interests with supervision from an academic supervisor (DPA). In 1st to 5th semester, student will get the general competence than will guided by DPA to develop a deeper interest and choosing 7 elective courses in 6th and 7th semester.
There are 34 elective courses which can be combined to form a specific interests. Student only required to take 7 elective courses out of 34 available elective courses. There are 5 specific interests can be form, namely :
- Urban Planning and Management
- Neighborhood and Regional Planning
- Infrastructure Planning and Development
- Housing and Real Estate Planning
- Disaster Mitigation Based Planning
Futher information about curriculum of undergraduate program of urban and regional planning can be seen at the student handbook
Last update August 29 2022